Our School

Our School

Friday, November 20, 2009

Tale of Two Wolves

This is a story I happened to see on FB - I thought it should be of interest to all ...

An elderly Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life . .

He said to them, "A fight is going on inside me, it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One wolf is evil---he is fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, competition, superiority, and ego.

The other is good ---he is joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too."

They thought about it for a minute, and then one child asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win, Grandfather?"

The Elder simply replied, "The one you feed."

5 comments:

  1. Hi Suresh,

    That is really a thought provoking story. Thanks. I dont understand why the blog hasnt been used by all. It is such a useful platform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rajendran:
    Thank you for the response.
    I am sure once people start using it they are going to stick to it. I have now added links to subscribe the blog on to their igoogle. You have a survey; you also have a range of videos from YouTube - where filters are available; Blog of a Boozer - which lists the eateries and pubs in and around Calicut; Foods of Kerala, etc. and any more can be added to our blog.

    This is one thing, which I have found very useful to spend one's time effectively. You join some of the blogs - and you remain updated of the developments - and it is absolutely FREE.

    I am there in over 100+ blogs and have my own blog, besides KVK1977. The URL is http://knowall2009.blogspot.com. Its a community of Knowledge Management Professionals. It was only last month that I had removed lot of junks and reposted a few good thoughts. Do visit and give your comments on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sur,
    Ive been going through all d mails sent on gmail. Welcome to Girish. Hope he remembers me. Vijay is Reshma's cousin. Will try to get his contact number from her. Mervin....he is in Cannanore , I think. Frank is in Bombay. Its Mervin's bro. Preeth will know about him. Ive to ask her. Welcome to Rajeev E T too. We r going to have a BALL on 26th. Ru was complaining I will not be here for Xmas... which is important for us....as he is a Xtian. they have to do without meeeee. I had a long chat with Ammu. It was great to have her back. We were family in Muscat.... Not a day passed we didnt see each other. My house was her home too. A long lost sis is back to our midst. Its a real pleasure to have her back. Did talk to Jyothi too. It was a nice chat. This means so much to me......Thanks guys who made this possible. And Dr. Girish u ve one patient already..just need some tips from u. Bye guys n gals.......till v meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Than Q for the post, Seny.

    In spite of having such a good platform (that's what I feel!!), I don't understand why people are not posting their views and comments here. We all have been banking too much on Gmail. It's very difficult to track messages on gmail. Yesterday I was trying to update the list of members - but searching for mob number, opening and closing mails, ate away my time. Please start posting on this BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suresh, pls don't bluff. You can't be there in more than may be tonty. With one ollly I'm having nightmares.

    This is a new Tactic from the Antartic - if i comment here or there it's still possible that all our gng might still manage to conveniently and connivingly 'miss'. I'm trying to outdo their Arctic based tactic, by being conspicuously present in every label.

    Suresh, You pls continue to keep up the good work you are doing. Right now I have also decide to help you with some Haaaaaaaaard ork. Don't guess ?

    ReplyDelete

Members' Contact

Classmates
01. Rajalakshmi Unnikrishnan
02. Begum Zahira Rahman
03. Sivasankar
04. Jayaram
05. Suresh D Nair
06. Rajendran Nambiar
07. Venugopala Menon

08. Ramdas P K
09. Rajiv Anand
10. Sanal K V
11. Seny Kuriens
12. Ranjith Nayar

13. Reshma
14. Sobhitraj
15. Sunil M
16. Jyothi Unnikrishnan
17. Geetha Ramdas
18. Karunakaran
19. Juny
20. Sheela
21. Anup Kumar
22. Molly Varghese
23. Nagesh
24. Ranjana
25. Nitin Raj
26. Ragini Shah

27. Srilatha
28. Girija Nambiar
29. Dr Girish Kumar NV
30. Shanker Meembat

31. Premaja
32. Sudev
33. Ramesh Gopinath
34. Sanjay
35. Rajiv ET
36. Sunanda Rajendran
37. Mini Karur
38. Chetan Ramniklal Jamnadas Kotecha
39. Preetha Sasidharan
40. KC Madhavan
41. Madhu Rao

Teacher Members
01. Mr. Mohandas M
02. Mr. Appukutty
03. Mr. Chakkappan
04. Mr. Krishnan Nair P.V
05. Ms. Chitra C.C
06. Mr. Janardhanan K (Art)
07. Mr. Janardhanan P (W/ Exp)
08. Mr. Joseph P.V

09. Ms. Soudhamini
10. Ms. Julia Gracy (W/ Exp
11. Ms. Vijayalakshmi Achyunni
12. Ms. Maya Das
13. Ms. Radha P

14. Ms. Sarala Devi (Soc. Studies )
15. Ms. Sathi A.K


Non-Teaching Staff Members
01. Mr. Balachandran P.K (Chem lab )

02. Ms. Bhanumathy V (Office Staff)
03. Mr. Bhaskara Pillai (Physics Lab)
04. Mr. Chandran N.T & Ms. Savithri
05. Mr. Gopi C

The contact numbers and email ids of the members have been here for a while now and it is assumed that our members would have taken note of it by now. The same have been removed from here due to security reasons. In case, some of our members require the contact details they may contact any of the ids given below

This is not a comprehensive list – Please mail the details of the missing member classmate (xth 1977 & xiith - 1979) to sureshnair.nair@gmail.com or call on 91-9940648447; or Rajendran Nambiar / 97150 1949359/ rajnambiarkt@gmail.com or Sivasankar /9447455251 / sivasankar.sbi@gmail.com.